Ads may now be Offer Type 'Sell' or 'Buy' (For Sale/Wanted). We hope to revise the names to something more intuitive! If you have a wanted ad posted, please make sure it is set correctly.
You are now required to select a location when posting or editing ads. Log in to your account and set your default location so it will automatically show up in your new ads.
Do not put contact info into your ad body! Fill in your user profile so that your contact info is available in every ad.
Registration is now open to new users.
If you are posting ads:
- do not set the price to 0 unless the item is FREE, because that's what it will say.
- do not put your contact info into the ad body. It belongs in your contact information.
The new RailSwap site using OSClass software has been activated for those with ads which were posted before 4/28/2012. If you have an ad on the site, you should have received an email about changes. Haven't seen it? Check your SPAM filter!
After a bit of testing, we will open the site for new users to register for free. Thanks for your patience.
Some of the new features:
- If you forget your password, you can now recover it yourself.
- You can see and manage all of your ads in one place... My Account.
- You can add up to 4 pictures, and the site will resize the pictures automatically.
- You can now find listings by geographic area.
- There are MANY new categories to make finding items easier.
- New users must validate their accounts via email, hopefully reducing SPAM posts.
- "Captcha" character recognition tests are used to reduce SPAM posts.
- You may flag posts as SPAM, Offensive, Overpost, etc. to alert the webmaster.
- You can see all of the ads listed by one person/company.
- Ads will again be classified as Offered or Wanted
- You will be able to subscribe for regular update emails
After our hosting company broke our website during some "upgrades", we decided it was finally time to migrate RailSwap to more modern classifieds software. We are in the process of moving data and hope to have the new ads up soon.